Films you should totally check out

 Hey guys!! Today I'll talk about some of my favourite films. 


- The perks of being a wallflower.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a coming-of-age drama film written and directed by Stephen Chbosky, based on his own novel. 

Logan Lerman stars as a teenager named Charlie who goes through his freshman year of high school. The film depicts his struggles with his, unbeknownst to him, post-traumatic stress disorder, as he tries to "participate" making new friends. 

This film literally touched my heart. It was moving and it taught me how short life is, and how we should do the things that we love without caring what others might say. 

I rate it 10/10.








- The edge of seventeen

The Edge of Seventeen is a coming-of-age comedy-drama film written and directed by Kelly Fremon Craig. 

The film stars Hailee Steinfeld as Nadine, the main character. She goes through a lot while being in high school. She struggles with adolescence and tries to find who she truly is.

This film made me cry so hard. I felt incredibly related to the main character and it made me realise, however badly you feel right now, pain heals and life gets better. 

I rate it 10/10  
 




- Call me by your name

Call Me by Your Name is a coming-of-age romantic drama film directed by Luca Guadagnino. It stars Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer. 

It tells the story of 17-year-old Elio Perlman, a boy who's spending the days with his family at their villa in Lombardy, Italy. He soon meets Oliver, a handsome doctoral student who's working as an intern for Elio's father.

I discovered this film because people were talking wonders about it. So I thought I'd watch it. I personally liked it very much and found it really beautiful. If you're not the "romantic type" though, you'll surely find this film boring, because it's all about the romance between the two main characters.

I rate it 8/10



- Easy A



Easy A is a teen comedy-drama film directed by Will Gluck, written by Bert V. Royal and starring Emma Stone. 

When Olive, the main character, lies to her best friend about losing her virginity, her story spreads across the entire high school. People then start to talk about her, spreading rumors and lies.

I loved this film so much. It was funny, but at the same time, I kew that could happen to anyone in real life. Easy A taught me to not care about what other people think of you and always be yourself (might sound typical, but it's true).

I rate it 9/10




- Moxie

Moxie is a 2021 American comedy-drama film directed by Amy Poehler. 

Inspired by her mum's rebellious past and a confident new friend, a shy teenager called Vivian publishes an anonymous zine calling out sexism at her school.

This film is just amazing. It talks about feminism in a way I had never heard before. Moxie taught me to hold my head high and to never be ashamed of what you wear or who you are.

I rate it 9.5/10


So that's all for today! I hope you guys liked this post and if you think I should make more like this, just let me know :))


Comments

Popular Posts